Leave your thoughts
We’re always a fan of taking workouts outside. Why not get some fresh air while you train?
The endorphins, the vitamin D… There’s not much you can hate about a good outdoor workout.
What do you get when you combine a love of nature with our simple workout philosophy?
The best cardio interval workout EVER.
How to do it:
1. Pick a time period (start with 10 minutes and add time when you can)
2. Do a quick light warm up or stretch (try our hip mobility sequence) to get your hips ready to move
2. Strap on your running shoes and sprint up that hill
3. Once you get to the top, walk back down slowly while you catch your breath
4. Once you’ve got to the bottom turn around and sprint back up again
Run through this sequence as many times as you can in 10 minutes and enjoy the brutally simple fat-burning workout that is the hill sprint.
Hill sprints have been used by athletes in practically every sport as a way of building strength, and conditioning, burning, fat, and building grit. Once you’ve conquered a big hill there’s not much else that can get in your way. The even better thing about hill sprints is that they’re very low stress on the knees. Unlike jogging endless hours on asphalt, uphill running takes a lot of pressure off your knees and causes less soreness than running on flat ground.
So grab your running shoes (or even go barefoot if you’ve got a nice grassy hill), start sprinting and start melting pounds off while enjoying the fresh air and a little vitamin D!