Leave your thoughts
Need some smoothie recipes?
We understand getting vegetables into your diet isn’t easy.
You’ve got responsibilities.
Between work, family, and a little social time, you barely have time to yourself, let alone time to make healthy food.
The fact is, though, adding just a few vegetables to your daily nutrition can help you to feel more energized, lose weight, and have more zest for life.
We’ve put together a list of our top three smoothie recipes we’ve found on the internet that you can get started with today!
Green Monster Smoothie
What I love about this one is that it’s got a ton of greens (2 cups of spinach) that you can barely taste along with some healthy proteins, fats, and fiber to keep you feeling full through the day.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Green Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Another one from skinnymom.com. This adds a little extra sweetness from the strawberries at barely any extra calories. We recommend trying a protein powder of your choice (a pumpkin seed or vegan protein powder is a great idea) to avoid overdoing it on the dairy.
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 whole banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 scoop Beverly International® Ultimate Muscle Protein, vanilla
- 6 oz plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth.
Green Booster Smoothie
Short on veggies in your day? Try this smoothie to catch up quickly. This is a great one from greatist.com. Although there’s no protein, that isn’t always necessary but with all the greens, healthy fats, and fiber, you’ll still feel full for a while and get a great energy boost.
- Handful spinach
- 1 green bell pepper, cored
- 1 green apple, cored, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 2 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Garnish with extra hemp seeds.